Monday 18 February 2008

Getting older


My knees are getting wrinklier. Is it just age, or also wear and tear from sprawling on the carpet with the Squirmle? My birthday presents included a baking tray (a nice solid one which won't buckle) and an insulated mug with a tight lid (useful for keeping coffee warm while dealing with the Squirmle, and for avoiding spillages).

Spent yesterday hacking down the horrible ivy which my neighbour had wrenched off the back fence. His new fence is shorter than the old one, so we have even more of a grandstand view of his rather lurid tan-coloured shed. I'm going to have to find something very large to plant there: perhaps a Fatsia. Since I also need to buy and plant a quince tree this spring, and move a small conifer at the front, it's going to be a busy time.